Senior Category Development Manager
Shanghai , China
This role sits within our Boots International Division, part of the wider WBA Group
As a senior Commercial leader, the role fulfils significant leadership responsibilities in providing appropriate challenge and support to the local management teams to ensure the delivery of Pharma and non Pharma strategic objectives and goals. The role interfaces with the broad Commercial and Marketing community including Divisional, Group and local Country teams, therefore the ability to impact and influence others in a diverse cultural environment is critical to success.
This key role within our organisation will be responsible for driving the strategic development of the pharma and non pharma categories, brands and customer proposition as well as the implementation of the planned growth strategy.
You will contribute to the achievement of Pharma and Non Pharma China retail key performance targets relating to sales, market share, gross margin, trading profit and cash flow.
- Coach and guide markets to implement pharma commercial best practice. This will include:
- Leading the category strategy and portfolio development with the support of global and regional customer insights team in each of the markets;
- Lead, coach and develop local commercial & marketing local teams to deliver world class, commercial relationships with Supplier partners;
- To provide strategic leadership and guidance for the market(s) to develop the growth strategy, by defining and executing a compelling customer proposition, supported by our Pharma supplier partners.
- Share and implement pharmacy best practice and identify how this can be adapted to the local healthcare market
- Support the market(s) when required with trading relationships from contract negotiations to operational delivery. Working closely with the market(s), develop and deliver key implementation processes for the roll out of WBA brands and owned brands in each retail partner
- Support country teams in delivering Pharmacy strategic projects to improve customer journey and offer the best possible care and service experience
- Lead the strategic thinking and relevant projects to support new market/regions entry projects in OTC and pharmacy categories
- Support the development and culture of a high performing Category Development Team in conjunction with the rest of Commercial and Marketing team
- Set up and maintain network of stakeholders across WBA to support development and delivery of IR objectives and initiatives
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Extensive leadership experience leading high performing teams in a Commercial environment in China;
- Solid understanding of the retail, Pharma and H&B industry, key players, trends and pressures
- Ideally a mix of Retail, Pharmacy and Brands experience with strong Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical background and network
- A very strong commercial orientation;
- Collaborative interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to establish rapport and work efficiently with all team members serving various functions at various levels;
- Proven experience leading a business along an upward trajectory and during a rapid growth
- Outstanding communication skills, able to communicate effectively across all levels and to a wide range of audiences
- Experience of developing and expanding business by developing productive relationships with partner organisations. Strong networking capabilities;
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills and an understanding of the specific business drivers, processes, and values across customer enterprises;
- Excellent influencing skills;
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Regional / local travel when required in line with the business requirements.